November 2nd at the Everett-Milton YMCA in Thomasville, GA
- Compare and contrast normal neuroanatomy with the effects of Parkinson’s Disease.
- Illustrate ways neuroplasticity research can be applied to persons with Parkinson’s Disease.
- Identify movement difficulties in Parkinson’s Disease that will be best targeted by interventions to enhance neuroplasticity.
- Develop strategies to improve the movement patterns and function of patients with Parkinson’s Disease.
- 7:30 Sign-In
- 8:00 Introduction
- 8:15 What do you know about Neuroanatomy?: A review to help provide a foundation for understanding the research on Neuroplasticity
- 9:15 BREAK
- 9:30 How exercise drives Neuroplasticity
- 10:30 Overview of Parkinson’s Disease (Stages, Signs, Symptoms)
- 11:00 Group video activity: Brainstorming Treatment Ideas
- 12:00 LUNCH (on your own)
- 1:00 Sharing from Group activities: Discussion of brainstormed treatment ideas and the neurological basis of them
- 2:00 Current Research on Best Practices with Patients with Parkinson’s
- 3:00 BREAK
- 3:15 Demo and Practice
- 4:30 Wrap up / Questions
- 5:00 Adjourn